KB00015 - How to modify FTR Reporter to archive to a Novell drive mapped folder
How to modify FTR Reporter to archive to a Novell drive mapped folder.
To archive to a mapped drive do the following:
- Log on as administrator
- Install Novell client - if not already installed (check FTR Reporter system requirements for correct version)
- Map the required archive destination to a drive letter (for example drive letter "N")
- From a command prompt run:
For 32 Bit Windows
c:\Program Files\FTR\FortheRecord\FTRReplicator -regserver
For 64 Bit Windows
c:\Program Files (x86)\FTR\FortheRecord\FTRReplicator -regserver
- Create a Windows shortcut file for FTRReplicator and save the shortcut to:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
- Write the following registry entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FTR\Gold\AllowArchiveToMappedDrive - (DWORD) 1
- In FTR Reporter, set the network archive destination to the newly mapped rive.
(Note: You must type in the mapped drive rather than use the Browse button.)
For each user that may log on to use FTR Reporter, log on as that user and:
- Map drive letter "N" (for example) to the same folder as set up for the administrator.
- Start recording and wait a minute.
- Use Player to playback recordings from the archive location and check that recordings are being archived correctly.
- Justin B. likes this