• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Terri McNulty

Terri McNulty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

I recently updated to the newest version of The Record Player 5.5.0.0. I have Windows 7 64 bit and an Infinity USB II foot pedal. Since I updated the program I keep getting an error if I leave the program idle for a few minutes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice and have the same results. When I press my pedal, or simply push the play button, the program stops responding for a moment and then a box pops up with the following error:

The server threw an exception. (0x80010105)

Thank you for your time!

#2 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2814 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:55 AM

Hi Terri,

Do you get the same issue if you use the play/fast forward/rewind controls in player's User interface?
If you do, can you unplug the foot control and see if you get the same issue if you use the play/fast forward/rewind controls in player's User interface?

Mark D'Arcy | Senior Systems Engineer | FTR Pty Ltd | Perth, Australia

facebook_32.png youtube_32.png twitter_32.png rss_32.png

#3 Terri McNulty

Terri McNulty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

Thank you for your response.

I tried what you requested today. I unplugged the foot pedal and it still throws the exception error. None of the interface controls work. Now I have found that I do not need to close the player, I can reload the audio and then it will work fine. I asked a couple of the other women for the transcription company I work with and they also have had the same problem with this player. Two of them uninstalled it and reinstalled the prior version for just this reason.

Thank you,
Terri

#4 Kodiak

Kodiak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

I have just installed the latest version of FTR Gold and am also getting this same error. I have to make note of the time stamp and reload the audio in order to start it again.

#5 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2814 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:55 AM

Hi Guys,

I am attempting to reproduce this issue for the developers, can you give me some more info so i can try and replicate exactly what you are doing to reproduce it.

firstly Kodiak, which version of windows are you using?

can you both also let me know
  • About how long do you leave it idle before this issue occurs?
  • what type of content have you loaded in player (trm, wav, mp3, etc) If you could tell me what version of ftr software it was recorded in that would be brilliant
  • Would it be possibel to get the steps you perform to make this happen? This would be extremely useful for me to reproduce it e.g.
  • Open Player
  • Load Content
  • Press Play
  • Play for 2 minutes
  • Stop playback
  • leave for 3 minutes
  • press play
  • error occurs

#6 Terri McNulty

Terri McNulty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:36 PM

I open the player and load my audio. Usually I will transcribe for a couple of hours at a time. It seems all the files I have now are .wav files. I'm sorry I do not know what software is used to record them, but most of them have the FTR Log Notes as well. We do use the html links for the log notes as we do not have the program that loads them into the player itself. (I'm sorry I'm not sure how that works, but I receive a file with a .fls extension that I cannot open.)

At any rate it seems to take about 15 minutes left standing idle when it gives the error. As Kodiak says, I need to reload the audio and all is fine. Until I leave it idle again. Reloading the audio is simple enough but is rather frustrating.

Thank you for your time,
Terri

#7 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2814 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

Thanks for that Terri  it was extremely helpful and I have been able to reproduce it, I have escalated it to r&d to see if we can get it fixed. The hardest part in problems like these is reproducing the issue, once that is done the fixing part is usually fairly simple. As soon as I have any news I will update this post

#8 Terri McNulty

Terri McNulty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

Thank you very much, Mark. I wil keep checking back.

Terri

#9 David Kehler

David Kehler

Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:58 AM

Just wanted to report that I am experiencing this issue also and I do not use a foot pedal. Also on Windows 7 64-bit. Only started once I upgraded to 5.5.

#10 David Kehler

David Kehler

Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

Can we get an update on this and/or the manual uninstall procedure for Windows 7 64-bit? It's kind of important.

#11 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2814 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:15 AM

Hi David,

We are in the process of testing a fix for the 0x80010105 error, so far it seems to work great however we need to make sure nothing else is affected by this update.

I would suggest if your uninstalling issue is urgent that you contact the help desk.

#12 Alex Gonzalez

Alex Gonzalez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

Hi, I am having this same issue pop up on a customer's system that has Windows XP SP3 on it. I installed version 5.5 (full version) and it is throwing this error. I noticed the error today on the computer, but when I reloaded the recording, it was fine. Sometime after I left, it threw the error. I'm going back to install the 5.4 version on the computer so that the transcription work can get done. Keeping an eye out for the fix to check it see if it will work for this also.

#13 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2814 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:28 AM

I would expect this will fix this issue on XP as well as Windows 7, We are still testing the fix and are expecting to release a new version of player with this fix included at the end of the month.

#14 mcordell

mcordell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

Hello,

I am having the same issue ... similar to the PP I am running Windows 7 (64b). At first I thought it was an issue if the PC went to 'sleep' however after turning that function off it is still "throwing the exception". Unfortunately after weeks of simply closing RP, re-opening, re-loading sound and starting again, out of the blue RP refused to open all together. After my usual go-to-fix-its didn't work, I decided to uninstall and reinstall to see if it fixed the issue. I can't begin to tell you how that caused a whole new world of pain because I ended up with it seemingly uninstalled but not. After calling you guys in Perth and being advised to do the manual removal, I did so but despite following the manual uninstall to the letter, it made no difference. Suffice to say in order to be able to keep working (I am a remote transcriptionist) I had to "reset to factory settings"/format my hard drive in order to be able to install RP again - not happy Jan. :angry:

So after losing a week's work and going through all of that process I'm back to square one as it has today begun to throw the exception again. <_< Strangely it did not do so for about a week after resetting everything?!?

Please, please, please, guys - can you write a fix for this. I am terrified to try to uninstall it again after the last experience otherwise I'd go back a version or two.

What is the latest?

Regards,
Mia (Brisbane)

#15 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2814 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:15 AM

I am expecting to get the files from r&d to upload today that will fix this issue, stay tuned

#16 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2814 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:26 AM

A fix for this issue is in Player 5.5.1 available from http://community.for...ord-player-551/

#17 mcordell

mcordell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:13 AM

Thank you .... fingers crossed!

#18 Terri McNulty

Terri McNulty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

Thank you very much! I have been using this new version daily since it was released. I have had no problems whatsoever. I would say this issue is definitely resolved. Thank you very much!

#19 Jodi Moline

Jodi Moline

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

I need this fix as well.  Is there a way to download it?  The link you have above doesn't work for me, even though I am signed in and pay Ruby support.

Thanks,

Jodi Moline

City of Bellingham

#20 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2814 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

Use 5.6.1 player instead or whatever is the latest version on this page  http://community.for...est-ftr-player/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users