• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 toshoptalk

toshoptalk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:58 PM

I have a FTR GOLD REPORTER Software installed on a desktop in a courtroom that is used by the clerk to record court proceedings. What is happening is that all mics have a delay between when someone speaks into a mic and you instanly hear it via the speakers in courtroom but there is a delay to the headphone via the desktop FTR GOLD SOFTWARE AND MX3 AUDIO MIXER to where if someone goes to mic after another person has spoke into it you may get a carryover from first voice into next voice. Is this normal to have that delay or is there an adjustment that can correct this. I am not familar with this type of software and wondering if someone maybe able to give me some insight. Thanks for any assitance..

#2 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2857 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

The delay is normal and is by design, when player plays the recording back it is actually playgin the recorded audio off the hard drive, we call this confidence monitoring and this gives the user confidence that the audio is actually recorded and sitting on the hard drive of the Computer. We have made some adjustments in recorder and player 5.5 to reduce this delay, but there will always be an inherant slight delay as a result of the encoding and saving process. From memory we haev managed to get it down to about 1/4 of a second.

Mark D'Arcy | Senior Systems Engineer | FTR Pty Ltd | Perth, Australia

facebook_32.png youtube_32.png twitter_32.png rss_32.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users