• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Carla Gonzales

Carla Gonzales

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

I have The Record Player 5.4.2 installed on my computer that is a Windows 7. The Record Player will play fine but when the foot pedal is plugged in it will not control it. I have tried redownloading The Record Player, restarting the computer. When you check to see that the foot pedal is working it works fine, just will not work with the Record Player. (It works fine at home, just not at home)

#2 Vie

Vie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:03 PM

I am anxious to see if someone can help you as I am having the exact same problem with my computer, only Vista system.

#3 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2741 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:02 AM

What model of foot control are you using?
FTR only supports the Infinity IN-FTRUSB foot control.

How did you check the foot control was working?

Mark D'Arcy | Senior Systems Engineer | FTR Pty Ltd | Perth, Australia

facebook_32.png youtube_32.png twitter_32.png rss_32.png

#4 Carla Gonzales

Carla Gonzales

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:23 PM

What model of foot control are you using?
FTR only supports the Infinity IN-FTRUSB foot control.

How did you check the foot control was working?

I use the FTRUSB Foot control pedal, it works fine at home, just will not connect to the FTR system at work.
I checked it by going into my control panel and checking it and it will work when tested through that, just will not link up with the Record Player.

#5 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2741 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:33 AM

Which version of FTR software are you using?
How did you install the foot control?

#6 Patrick Demore

Patrick Demore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:58 PM

I have The Record Player 5.4.2 installed on my computer with XP3 and the conrols on the footpedal don`t work at all I have the same veraion of pedal as FTR only supports the Infinity IN-FTRUSB foot control and I know the pedals work Please Help !!!! Know there is a patch for the 2.1 version is there one for 5.4.2 ???

#7 Ellen Dibble

Ellen Dibble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:41 PM

I haven't used FTR for several years, and have been using a XF10-US foot pedal and thought it would be okay. No. I have Windows XP SP3, and FTR Player Plus. I downloaded the Hotfix from the web, and switched to an Infinity IN-USB1 foot pedal. Still no luck. I'm thinking maybe I have to reboot and maybe I have to use a direct USB port, not a USB garage (multiple port unit).
Nobody has posted resolutions. I'll check back tomorrow and try to get some other work done for a while.
Note: My computer reported Found hardware, ready to use.

#8 lori holder

lori holder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

i have the very same issue as well, using Vista. Frustrating!! I uninstall the Record player, go to the website, re-install the record player, still nothing. I battle this every time I have to do a transcript. My foot pedal is also working but I cannot get it to coorindate with the record player software. Help!! Help!! Reading the posts, no one seems to have an answer? There has to be something out there to fix this. I used to be a court recorder, now I type transcripts for other recorders and this is an on-going problem every time I type a transcript.

Any suggestions by anyone?

Thanks,;
Lori

#9 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2741 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:16 AM

I know the pedals work Please Help !!!! Know there is a patch for the 2.1 version is there one for 5.4.2 ???

Hi Patrick,
can you tell me how you have confirmed the foot control works?
Have you tried the foot control on another machine?

#10 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2741 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:20 AM

I checked it by going into my control panel and checking it and it will work when tested through that, just will not link up with the Record Player.

Hi Carla,
I am not aware of any way to test the USB foot control via control panel are you usign one of the old Joystick port Foot controls?

#11 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2741 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:21 AM

A few thigns to try include
Plug the unit into a different USB port
Unplug the pedal from the machine and shut off the machine. Now when the PC is off, plug the pedal into the machine and boot it back up
If you plug the foot control in while player is open it will not be detected until player is closed and re-opened
Completely remove and re-install Player, to do this

1. Go into Add/Remove Programs and remove all FTR Programs.
2. Next go into the Registry and remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FTR and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FTR
3. Go to your C:\ Drive and remove C:\FTR Settings and go into the Program Files and remove C:\Program Files\FTR

To remove from the Registry:

Click on START
Click on RUN
Type
REGEDIT
Click on the plus sign next to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
SOFTWARE Folder
RIGHT click on the FTR Folder and choose Delete and yes.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE Folder
Close the Registry Editor
REBOOT the PC.

#12 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2741 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:24 AM

I haven't used FTR for several years, and have been using a XF10-US foot pedal and thought it would be okay. No. I have Windows XP SP3, and FTR Player Plus. I downloaded the Hotfix from the web, and switched to an Infinity IN-USB1 foot pedal. Still no luck. I'm thinking maybe I have to reboot and maybe I have to use a direct USB port, not a USB garage (multiple port unit).
Nobody has posted resolutions. I'll check back tomorrow and try to get some other work done for a while.
Note: My computer reported Found hardware, ready to use.

Which version of player are you using, you mentioned PlayerPlus so i assuem you are runnign 2.2, I would suggest trying the latest version of player

#13 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2741 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:25 AM

i have the very same issue as well, using Vista. Frustrating!! I uninstall the Record player, go to the website, re-install the record player, still nothing. I battle this every time I have to do a transcript. My foot pedal is also working but I cannot get it to coorindate with the record player software. Help!! Help!! Reading the posts, no one seems to have an answer? There has to be something out there to fix this. I used to be a court recorder, now I type transcripts for other recorders and this is an on-going problem every time I type a transcript.

Any suggestions by anyone?

Thanks,;
Lori

Hi Lori,

can you tell me which model of foot control you are using?

#14 lori holder

lori holder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:10 PM

Hi Mark,
I am using the Infinity IN-USB-1 foot pedal I purchased thru FTR. I believe the foot pedal is okay. I came to work to try and do my transcript but still no luck getting the foot pedal to work. I have uninstalled and re-installed the software several time, each time trying either to install it with the foot pedal plugged in, reboot, no luck. Next time install the software with the pedal out of the USB port, plugged in the foot pedal, then rebooted the computer, still no luck. The Device Manager states the device is working properly. I have a large transcript to get typed and I spent 2 hours at home trying everything imaginable ( I thought my problem there was Vista) so I came to work yesterday. Spent 3 hours yesterday (here I have Windows XP) so no luck. I am so frustrated my this. Any ideas? I love this program and software when it works right!! The foot pedal is always the issue.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks,
Lori

#15 lori holder

lori holder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

I have also tried plugging the UBS port into other lines, still nothing.

Thanks,
Lori

#16 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2741 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:39 AM

The 2 easiest and most reliable ways to test a foot control is working are
1) Try the foot control on a known working machine that already has a foot control installed and working
2) Try a known working foot control that is currently working on another machine on the machien havign issues

This will determine if it is the foot control that is the issue or the software installation

I understand this is not always possible, but if you can try this I would strongly recomend it.

#17 Mark D'Arcy

Mark D'Arcy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2741 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:42 AM

I have also tried plugging the UBS port into other lines, still nothing.

Thanks,
Lori

Lori, it actually soudns to me like you haeva faulty foot control. The fact that it does not work on 2 separate machines woudl tend t opoint to an issue with the foot control, how old is the foot control? Do you happen to knwo anyone else with a known working foot control that you can borrow to tes on your machine?

#18 Nancy Ryan

Nancy Ryan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:17 PM

I was so glad to see this thread - I couldn't get the foot pedal to work either! But I read one of Mark's solutions and FOUND THE SECRET: The foot pedal has to be plugged in BEFORE you open the FTR program! If you have it open, then plug the foot pedal in, the program doesn't find the foot pedal so close out of FTR, then open it again. VOILA!!

BUT - of course, you still have to have a compatible foot pedal to begin with.
Thanks for the help, everyone.

#19 Tammie Baker

Tammie Baker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

A few thigns to try include
Plug the unit into a different USB port
Unplug the pedal from the machine and shut off the machine. Now when the PC is off, plug the pedal into the machine and boot it back up
If you plug the foot control in while player is open it will not be detected until player is closed and re-opened
Completely remove and re-install Player, to do this

1. Go into Add/Remove Programs and remove all FTR Programs.
2. Next go into the Registry and remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FTR and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FTR
3. Go to your C:\ Drive and remove C:\FTR Settings and go into the Program Files and remove C:\Program Files\FTR

To remove from the Registry:

Click on START
Click on RUN
Type
REGEDIT
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
SOFTWARE Folder
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE Folder
Close the Registry Editor
REBOOT the PC.

#20 Tammie Baker

Tammie Baker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

This post was very helpful for me in getting my USB Infinity foot pedal to work. Thanks. Tammie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users